Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Next 10 Weeks

So in the next 10 weeks we have a few things to do-can you believe that we'll be in Japan in just 10 weeks?!? We have to go to appointments on base to schedule appointments at other places on base. Some of these appointments can't be made until after other appointments are finished. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! (I love how efficient the military is sometimes).

This week we had a run-in with TMO (they schedule the movers). They told me to do everything online-GREAT! I can do that anytime I want to...except...on the 4th set of directions, several pages in, it says we can't do things online because this is our first move. Nice. So, we took a trip to TMO and finally got an appointment for the end of the month. The girl there said, "You have plenty of time. You don't really need to schedule yet." Seriously?

Next week we have a medical appointment so that they can look over page over page of information we filled out about ourselves and any possible medical thing that has happened to us in our entire lives. If/When we pass this screening then we can have our OFFICIAL orders.

After we are "official" we can get our government passports, and plane tickets. I'm sure I've missed several things we have to do between now and then...this move is killing me!

I still have to go to work and teach, and get my kids to pass their state tests in May. Sorry this isn't a fun-filled post, but once we get to Japan I'll be sure to have tons of fun pictures and adventures for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment