Thursday, July 8, 2010

Laying Low for the 4th

So our Forth of July celebrations were pretty low key. We went to church and hung out with some friends for the afternoon. Then we came home and played a rousing game of Battleship (which Mike totally cheated on). About 8:30 we heard the fireworks start and we opened up the hotel room door and watched whole fireworks show done on Kadena Air Base. Then we watched a movie and slept in on Monday.

Mike had both Monday and Tuesday off of work, so we hung out and just had fun being together. We played cards with friends Monday and I got to watch the Capitol Fourth concert, and then did some shopping on Tuesday. All in all it was a low key kind of holiday.

Most people are expecting a huge patriotic celebration because we are around so much military, but we took it easy, and I think a lot of other people did as well. I'm sure in years to come we'll try to liven things up a bit, but this year it was just what we needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment