Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Cannery...

So I haven’t been to the cannery in years…since before I started teaching, in fact. We went up yesterday so that we could get re-acquainted with the process of dry-pack canning. We had 10 people go up with us, and lots of stuff that people wanted to work on. I was amazed at how fast things went! In about 2 hours we canned apples, milk, flour, sugar, refried beans, white beans, white wheat, whit rice, and black beans. We probably would have done more but we had everything that we needed/wanted to take home! I had a lot of fun, and was reminded how easy it is to get your food storage going. We also picked up some potato pearls…so now I have to figure out what to make for dinner tonight so we can have them (I love those things!).

No comments:

Post a Comment