Tammy, Ken, Idabella and I went berry picking on Monday. We had a great day with perfect weather! I left school early and we headed down to the farm. Isabella had a great time and ate more than I thought her little tummy would hold! I picked a little over 11 pounds and tammy and Ken picked over 22 pounds of berries! They were soooooo good! I could have stayed all day just to eat them.
We started out on a hayride, and then got to pickin' (or eating if your name is Isabella). We were out picking for about 3 hours and enjoyed every minute of it! We took the hayride back to the market store and got a few extra goodies and paid for our berries and came home to get back to work with them :) When I got home with my load, Mike ate a bunch, and then I washed and froze the rest. Now we can enjoy them a bit longer.
I checked today and it's a good thing that we went when we did, the berry season is now over! We got in at the last minute! We had a great time and plan on going again next year.
On the ride out to the fields.

Linda picking, Isabella "helping"

On the ride back Isabella needed a hand to hold at first...she got the hang of it soon and enjoyed herself!

The fruits of my labor.
Hey!!! I found your blog on Tammy's. :) Looks like you guys had fun. I love strawberry picking!!! Too bad the berries we pick don't last longer around here.....
ReplyDelete